Activate Freeform on Roku
The word freeform has been doing the rounds in the Roku circle, and to clarify, it is the new name given to the ABC group of channels. Why was there a name change and are there any differences that you should not? Definitely, yes. The Freeform app now offers two types of services to its existing and new users alike. You have the choice to stream live telecasts from the channel or have it like an on-the-go app with the liberty to watch full episodes as and when you like.
To have the channel on your Roku, you need to activate it on freeform.com/activate with your TV provider info. Not a fan of cable connections, someone that rather prefers a cord cutting app? Then, choose a cord-cutting service such as DirecTV Now or YouTube TV that offers Freeform on Roku. Moreover, the channel is still compatible with old and new Roku models just like how it was before.
Creating a Roku Account
When you are using a Roku device, it is essential that you possess a Roku account. This is what helps you in managing your devices as well as your channels. If you already have a Roku account, then you can link it with your Freeform account. Otherwise, create a new account with the following guidelines, to be followed on Roku.com/link.
- Register for a new account with your personal details along with a confirmation of your age
- Other info needed for creating this account is a unique email address and a suitable password and PIN
- The password is for your account whereas the PIN is for your device which both are mandatory details
- Once you set it up, you have the liberty to choose any app, provided you have the relevant subscription
- Also, this account is necessary for deleting unwanted apps or settings in the future
Verifying your TV or Service Provider
In order to verify your service provider for completing Freeform/activate, use your PC or mobile device.
- First, install the app on your Roku device and launch it to receive an activation code
- This is a unique code that is needed later on during the activation process
- Visit the freeform.com/activate website and choose the link to enter your activation code taken from the Roku
- After which, you will be asked to choose the service provider, enter the corresponding username and password
- When the authentication process is complete, you will automatically be redirected to a success message
- Simultaneously, the Roku device will display the home screen of the channel along with the Freeform schedule
- This schedule will have a list of all the Freeform shows that you can stream on the channel
- If the activation was not successful, you can always generate a new code and repeat all steps
The process may have issues on the freeform.com/activate website if and only if your subscription towards the service has ended. In which case, you can contact us @ +1-805-221-0380 or visit Go.roku.com/rss to renew the subscription plans and to re-activate the channel on your Roku.